Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Toy Sort is DONE!

Most of these buckets have been sitting out in my garage FOREVER!  What I have been doing is when I clean out my kids rooms (if they are helping), I put toys that I think we should get rid of in a bucket instead of a garbage bag.  This creates much fewer tears, then I planned to wait a few months.  If the kids asked for a certain toy, I could then retrieve it from the buckets and if toys were not requested then I would get rid of them.  There were one or two that were requested but most of them (like McDonald's toys) were never thought of again.  The only problem is that I knew there were certain toys spread among these buckets that I did not want to get rid of....like Mr Potato Head, or Barbie stuff (that even though my daughter does not play with barbies I still can not get rid of)  So I had to sort the buckets before getting rid of the toys in them.  I kept putting it off and more buckets would make their way out to the garage.  So this was a great challenge for me.  It made me get it done and in really only took about 2 hours.  Not to bad.  Here are my before and after shots.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! looks great! Good job! Wasn't it so nice that you already had a clean house, so you could devote two full hours to a project like this? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks great! I makes me feel satified to see things so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job, I need to get mine started.

    ReplyDelete