Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday Tip

Think about why you are cleaning!

When I know I need to clean something just because I "have" to, my motivation is at -12. But if I decide to have a specific purpose for doing it I am able to get going and get so much more accomplished. Maybe points are the only thing that motivate you, or the look of surprise on your husband's face when he comes home, or, like Brenda said, having a more "refined" home.

Sometimes I try to remind myself who I do it for- to set a good example for my kids and show my husband that I love and appreciate his hard work.

Although- my motivation might not always be positive (yesterday I worked SO HARD so that I could prove to Barlow that I could get more done in half a day than he did in the 10 days I was gone... but that's another post.)

Whatever your inspiration, think about it this week as you get ready for summer!

1 comment:

  1. You're absolutely right. Sometimes I'm so caught up in the HOW I'm going to get it all done that I forget WHY. Focusing on the why would make cleaning a lot more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete