Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Game for my Tip

This is a keep kids busy/ fun family night type post. I had never heard of this game before we moved here, but it is a tradition at our school. It is called tennis baseball. Tennis baseball is played like regular baseball only the bat is a tennis racket and the ball is a tennis ball. It makes it easy to pitch, even Joseph can hit it sometimes, and requires no gloves. I played it with Ryan's class the last day of school and it was so fun, we went out and got tennis rackets to play at home.

I like that we can play it with just our family at a local park. It is also perfect for classes (the kids played it all the time at school) or church groups. Even uncoordinated people like me hit the ball. The whole time we played, I never saw someone strike out. It is really fun and you should give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea. I wish I'd thought of it back when I was teaching small autistic kids. They would have loved that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete