Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tuesday Tip (Hanging Pictures on the Wall)...

Want to know a secret? I hadn't hung any pictures on the walls of this house yet. Want to know another secret? In my other houses I have always just used the holes left by previous owners to hang pictures. Yeah, I know, I'm lame.


So I finally decided it was time. I just read about this tip last week, and thought I would give it a shot. Those of you non-lame people may already know this, but I didn't. To hang pictures on the wall, this helps make it easy:
  1. Trace your frame onto a piece of paper and cut it out.
  2. Mark fold the paper in half. Put the cut out paper on the back of the frame and mark where the hanging apparatus appear.
  3. Use masking tape to hang and adjust the pictures on the wall until they look right. Nail picture hangers to fall at the spots marked on the paper.
  4. Hang frame on wall and then tear down paper underneath.

The reason this works so well is because it is much easier to move around masking tape than to keep making holes in your wall. Who would have thought? Anyway, I included photos of the paper taped up and then the frames hanging. I did this with every picture arrangement I did today. I also arranged the frames on the ground before trying the paper on the wall, so I had an idea of where I wanted to start.

I haven't gotten the middle photo in the arrangement yet, so it is a blank frame and there is a terrible glare (of the ocean!), I will put up a better photo after I have the whole thing done.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this would have been REALLY helpful... a week ago. Seriously. But I LOVE that arrangement you have there, I want to do something kind of like that in my entry way.

    Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good. I will have to try it in our new house.

    ReplyDelete