Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ready for a Fresh Start

I'm all geared up and ready to start a new month. I love the feeling of starting with a clean slate- not just with points, but with my house!! This is my chance to KEEP my house clean, to never have to be embarrassed when people drop by unexpectedly. No one in our new ward has seen our house, they could totally think that I am an amazing housekeeper all the time.

I've noticed a huge difference in my housekeeping style in the last few weeks, largely thanks to this blog. I am all about the prevention now. Once, I would walk by smudges on the walls or crumbs in the corner and think, Next time I'm cleaning, I really should get that... But of course I'd always forget or keep saying "next time" every time. Now, as soon as I see that a little something extra needs done I drop what I'm doing and take care of it. The results probably don't have a dramatic physical result, but the effects on my peace of mind are incredible. Things feel cleaner with those tiny details.

Anyway, you guys had better watch out, because this is definitely my month. I am refreshed, recharged, and ready to kick some butt!

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally ready for a fresh start too. I agree that the blog has changed my way of thinking and cleaning in many different areas. One that I notice more than others is that I always clean my kitchen after each meal. If I let it wait, then I'll be up all night cleaning before I can go to bed.
    Oh, and I'm pretty sure at this point that Tami won last month, so I'll post a picture of her amazing prize soon. It is actually different than the prize any of the rest of you would have gotten (since she shops at the same wonderful store (CVS) that I do) so I'll have to supply the prize again in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also ready to start new again. I will try to archive the points and reset everyone. Last week was tough because I got sick and it kept getting worse as the week wore on, but I am better now and ready to get going.

    I have Kim's prize from the 1st month, I still need to post it and send it. I will add it to my to-do list for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can do this months prize.
    "It's a race.....I am weening"

    ReplyDelete