Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome New Year!

I have spent some time this morning revamping the look of this blog.  If any of you (including me) get pictures of yourself cleaning, it should be easy to add them to the new header.  To everyone else, thanks for the creative pictures!

In other news, I think it is time we restart our cleaning!  We will begin in cycle one on Monday.  I think we need to start posting the new challenges the Saturday BEFORE the week starts!  That would be yesterday, so please post ASAP!!  I am just going with the last posting we had:

5 Minutes: Andrea
Weekly: Mom
Tips: Brenda

Does anyone want to change the scoring (No one is going to go for the 7 day a week schedule, mom)?  I was thinking we could add incentive for making weekly and monthly goals (although no punishment for not keeping them so we can reach high!)

Also, what if we had a base 5 points available Mon-Friday for completing any 5 of several options (like sweeping, dishes, scriptures, bed, vacuuming, cupboards, picking up toys, whatever) with a bonus for:

1. completing at least 5 each day
2. completing each one at least twice during the week and
3. completing all options in one day at least once during the week?

(Does that make sense?  I am trying to make the cleaning more flexible while still giving incentive for cleaning, but it would take more work to keep track)

Let me know soon so I can change the chart around.  I hope you like the new layout and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

14 comments:

  1. I liked the way it was last year without the extra record keeping. I won't need the pick up toys thing though, so I would have to change mine to be something that only I need to do. I like trying to keep up with everyone it helps me get things done. Thanks for the effort in keeping things going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm OK keeping it the same, if that is what everyone else wants to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New layout looks great. I'm a little confused on the points system you are suggesting. I do like the idea of earning extra points for accomplishing things on your to do list. I'm open for whatever points wise though. I'm ready to get back into action and get a nice good schedule going again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little confused at what you are suggesting too. I would say this though. If we get points for getting things done on our to do list or goals list then I feel like there must be a limit. Like 5 a week or something like that or the points could get out of control.
    I'm so in need of getting back in the groove. I'm excited to join the ranks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was meaning more 5 points for listing any goals and getting at least one done. It has to be uniform somehow and I think there shouldn't be too much emphasis on accomplishing all the goals because I like to aim for the moon in order to hit the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think 5 points for making a list and completing an item is a great idea. Hooray for a fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like adding that it is a blanket 5 points for making the list and completing one thing on it. Maybe we could add an extra 5 points at the end of the month for making and completing 2 things on our monthly list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pretty sure I will win this month no matter what you add, so go ahead with the goal points. Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha ha ha Perfect score for me! I had a couple of late nights but it was worth it. It was so nice to wake up on Saturday morning and know that I only had to make the family work for 1-2 hours and the whole house would be done. Good luck catching me this month.

    Make Bed- 10
    Vacuum- 10
    Sweep- 10
    Do Dishes- 10
    Scriptures- 10
    5 minutes- 10
    Weekly goals- 5 (I set goals and completed at least one....did I do that part right?)
    Laundry- 5
    Bathrooms- 5
    Mop- 5
    Weekly- 30

    Total = 110

    ReplyDelete
  10. You stink! I did everything but scriptures (which I forgot twice, but that is still better than I did in Nov/Dec). I'm not sure what everyone thinks about the goal setting- do we do 5 points total for it or 10? What does everyone think?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ended up with an okay score. Tyler's double ear infection and 2 sleepless nights as a result didn't help me much, but here it is:
    (I didn't count a make up day since we weren't quite decided on it)
    Sweep - 10
    Vaccum - 10
    Make Bed - 10
    Dishes - 4
    Scriptures - 3
    5 min challenges - 10
    Weekly Goal - 5 (I only added 5 because Brenda did, I'm okay with it either way)
    Laundry - 5
    Bathrooms - 5
    Mop - 5
    Weekly - 30
    Total: 97

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweep- 10
    Vacuum- 10
    Bed- 10
    Dishes- 10
    Scriptures- 3
    5 minutes- 10
    Goals- 5 (same, I need you all to decide!)
    Laundry- 0
    Bathrooms- 5
    Mop- 5
    Weekly- 30
    Total- 98

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so close to having a perfect score. I completely forgot one of the 5 min challenges... And I made them!

    vacuum- 10
    sweep- 10
    bed- 10
    dishes- 10
    scriptures- 4
    weekly- 30
    5 minute- 4
    mop- 5
    bathroom- 5
    laundry- 5
    goals- 5
    = 98 (it's gonna be a close one this month!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Last week

    Sweep 4
    Vacuum 4
    Dishes 4
    Bed 2
    Scriptures 10
    weekly 30
    mop 0
    bathroom 5
    laundry 0
    goals 0
    5 minute challenges 2
    total =61 :( Hopefully this week will be better for me!

    ReplyDelete