Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tip - Drying Dishes

I know Brenda has an amazingly fancy dishwasher, so maybe she doesn't have this problem, but maybe some of the rest of you do. It seems that often after I've run my dishwasher, I open it and water is still pooled on top of many of the cups, bowls, and other dishes. Even if it has quit running hours before, I'll still find water in there. I pull them out and have to shake them in the sink and usually they are still somewhat damp. I've found that if you take a little cup or bowl and prop the dishwasher open (see picture below) for 20 or so minutes, that it dries almost everything up. You can unload your dishwasher and not worry about mold growing on your dishes in the cupboard because they were still wet when you put them away!

1 comment:

  1. I always air dry my dishes. It saves energy and isn't too hard to do!

    ReplyDelete