Sunday, September 5, 2010

New scoring system

If you noticed, I changed some things up here.  I am still working on the design, but I thought we could respark some excitement by changing the scoring up a bit.

One of the things that most people felt held them back was the lack of adaptation in the choosing of challenges.  So I've tried to add adaptation into the scoring.

Instead of other people choosing the challenges, we've made it so you pick your own weekly challenge, your own 5 minute cleans, and 2 of your 5 daily cleans.  See the lovely tabs on the top of the blog for more information.  Please add any 5 minute challenges or daily cleans you can think of to the list.

The weekly challenge will now be worth 20 points, the daily, weekly, and 5 minutes are the same.  Although we've added a new way to get bonus points.  After completing your original 5 5 minute cleans, you can do up to 5 more for 1 point each.

We are also adding a new feature.  Every week, instead if posting a weekly challenge, we will take turns posting an area of the house for "What it looks like right now."  You have to post a picture of what that area looks like without any clean up (10 points) and then another picture at the end of the week with a follow up post (10 more points).

Tips are no longer going to be assigned.  Instead it can be used for 5 bonus points ONCE during the 4 week cycle.  You can post more tips whenever you think of them.

So at the beginning of the week post:
  • Your goals for the week (still 3 points for posting and 2 points for completing)
  • Your chosen weekly challenge
  • Your 5 minute cleans
  • Your daily cleans
  • A picture for "What it looks like right now"
Then at the end of the week:
  • Follow up for "What it looks like"
  • Score for the week
  • Follow up on goals for the week
Make sense?  If not call me!

5 comments:

  1. I think we should make a new page for the weekly challenges and a page for the what it looks like now stuff to keep it more organized, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am old and you might have to explain it to me. It sounds like alot more work to keep it recorded. I guess you will have to call me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I confess. I understand I just wanted the phone call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can try. I spent some time seeing if I could get the pictures all together on a flicker or picasa web album to run a slide show every week, but I need to look a bit more. I will see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete