Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Weekly Challenge: Clean out your hearts closet

Have you ever had a dream where you find an extra room in your house. A room full of dust and old things you have forgotten completely about? And you think to yourself "How did I forget about this room? I could be using this space for so many other things!" I have this dream ALL THE TIME! Until recently I had thought this dream was my mind telling me there was some part of myself (talent, knowledge, faith, etc) that was going unused. Recently someone told me what they thought of similar dreams they were having.
The extra room was a closet in their heart. A place where you stored offenses, bitter feelings toward others, hurt feeling, unforgiven things, etc. Basically things you were pretending you had forgiven but that they were really keeping around but hidden. These things we keep in our heart's closet are taking up space that could be used for so many other things.

So basically the challenge is to start to clean out your closet. Think of something you have been holding against another person and forget about it. Forgive them. Let those wasteful feeling go. This isn't an easy thing but something that will truly improve the quality of your life.

Oh yeah and while your at it clean out your fridge and freezer!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you chose this for this week. Something just happened to me this afternoon that really hurt my feelings, and my first reaction was to completely cut this person off and never talk to them again. :-(
    Luckily, I had read your challenge this morning and I am trying REALLY HARD to let it go and not let my relationship with this person be affected. Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. noooooooooooooo not the fridge even worse not the freezer man there goes my points!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know anyone that I am bitter against? I mean anyone that I truly don't like. He he. I should do better. I'll help Mom with her fridge and freezer.

    ReplyDelete