Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tip - Keeping the fridge clean

This may seem like common sense, but someone suggested it to me once and it has worked out really well for us. Associate cleaning leftovers out of the fridge with trash day. (Sorry Charlotte, I guess this won't work for you!). Our trash day is Wednesday, so on Tuesday night as Ken is getting the trash ready to go to the curb, I just go through the fridge, cleaning out any leftovers or expired items. Then my fridge stays relatively clean and you don't have to live with a rotting food smell, in your house or your dumpster.

1 comment:

  1. That is a good idea (if you happen to have empty room in your can, LOL).

    I always do it on shopping day to make room for new groceries, but I like this idea better.

    Actually, shopping day is the day after garbage day so it sits there all week! I am definitely shifting my clean the fridge day.

    ReplyDelete