Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Tip

I'm pretty sure it's my turn for a tip, and it's Tuesday, so... here it is.

Recently I have found something that has worked wonders for my housecleaning motivation:

Podacasts and Audiobooks.

Specifically, on my iPod. I've tried just bringing my laptop in the kitchen to listen while I cook or clean, but there are so many distractions it just doesn't cut it. So now I stick the earbuds in, turn on my book (I'm listening to Pretties right now), and blissfully ignore the children and all other household distractions while I finish what needs to be done. This has also helped me while running- I let myself get wrapped up in the story and forget what I'm doing for a few seconds.

Podcasts I enjoy include Stuff You Should Know and This American Life.

I'd love to hear if anyone else tries this, and what books and/or Podcasts they like.

4 comments:

  1. I so totally agree with you. I always have a book running in my ear. Sometimes if I can get motivated to start cleaning I start the book then the rest follows. I liked that series and if you haven't noticed I have all the books. Uglies, Pretties, Specials, and Extras. I am reading Extras now. I liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the first one, but liked them less and less with each book. Too much humans are terrible environmental wacko stuff for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to listen to books on my iPod. It is my complete motivation. I lost my cord that syncs my iPod to my computer and have been going INSANE. I just ordered a new one off ebay for $1.44 with free shipping. I bought 2 actually, just in case. Worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audiobooks save my sanity! If I don't listen to something whist doing housework, my mind will focus on HOW MUCH I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO HOUSEWORK! Not the healthiest or happiest experience... So I make sure I have a well-loaded iPod and get lost in a good book. My most recent favourites are books about becoming wealthy and successful - so I can hire a housekeeper!

    ReplyDelete