Friday, May 22, 2009

Piggy Banks/Saving Jars

This is something fun we've been doing for a little while. I took some used formula cans and covered them with paper and decorated them. We use these to keep everyone's allowance in and we have ones for certain things we want to save for. Such as going out to eat, a family vacation, our emergency cash savings, a new dryer, etc. It has been fun to use these to teach tith, savings, and spendings with our kids or kid :) Anyway I had a lot of fun decorating them and still have a few to do.


2 comments:

  1. We use old spaghetti jars, I like the idea of using something bigger. Yours look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would actually love to do a cash system, my husband is not so keen on it, he likes his plastic. Those cans are really cute though, Maybe I will start one without him knowing an surprise him.

    ReplyDelete