Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm Alive!!!!

I must admit, the pasts 16 1/2 weeks have probably been the hardest of my life (writing that sentance makes me realize that I actually live quite a charmed life :-) With finding out we were pregnant right when Ken was called as Bishop, I kind of drowned for awhile. The first trimester is never easy, but combine that with an unexpected "loss" of your husband and ... well ... needless to say I have never been SO far behind on my housework, or life in general, in my life. Fortunately, I have a wonderful sister who has been helping me out by watching my kids once a week, I'm starting to feel better, Daylight Savings has made my children both sleep in past 7:00 every morning (that really is a modern day miracle! Abe is a great sleeper and will sleep till 7 or later most days, but Tyler is usually up between 5:30 - 6:30), and things are settling down and becoming more routine with Ken's new calling. Anyway. I have been super proud of myself the last week and a half and it made me want to start up this blog again. We've all had a break for a long time, but I'm ready for a clean house. In the last week I have accomplished:
*About 12 loads of laundry - washed, folded, put away. For the first time in MONTHS I am actually done with laundry. I couldn't do a load if I wanted because EVERYTHING is washed, sheets and all. Hooray.
*My car is cleaned. Trunk and all. It took me almost 3 hours. Ken had threatened to call Hoarders Buried Alive on me.
*Our guest room, which had not been touched since Mom and Dad were here at Christmas is clean. It had become a "throw it in there and shut the door" room.
*Ken's office is also clean. I won't discuss what was found in there.
*Ken joined the fun and cleaned my laundry room for me. I think we had enough dryer lint to build a snowman.
*My normal clothes are packed and in the attic. Maternity clothes are out and washed.
*Everyone has clean sheets and my bathrooms all have clean hand towels.
*My leather couches no longer have the "handprint" design.
*Every hard floor surface in my home has been thoroughly mopped.

Anyway, I still have a lot left to do, but I'm ready to tackle it all. Wish me luck. Join me if you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment