Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday Tips - TIDE

My tip today is Tide. Yep. I love Tide Stain Release and Tide Coldwater for my kids clothes. I had some baby clothes that had been dyed pink in the wash when Abe was a baby and when Tyler was born, I washed them with Stain Release and they came out BEAUTIFUL. I feel like these two products in combination keep my constantly dirty/messy/stained kids clothes looking great. Now, you know I love a deal and there are often coupons and deals for these products, allowing me to get them at a great price. There is a $3 coupon for the Stain Release pretty much every month and at least $1 (sometimes $2) for the Tide. When combined with a sale, it is pretty affordable. I will admit though, there have been times when I've run out of Coldwater Tide and I've actually paid full price, minus just my $1 coupon for it. I love it that much. There aren't many products that I would say that about.

6 comments:

  1. I am so trying the stain release! My kids clothes are constantly stained!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that Tide makes clothes much cleaner. I tried the stain release, but I think that Clorox 2 for colors works just as well and so I still use that. Spray with oxiclean if things are really bad, but usually don't need to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think Oxiclean is better than stain release and clorox 2? I use Oxiclean now, but sometimes it still doesn't cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always put a Tide Stain Release in with the kids clothes ... no matter what. Then if there are certain items that are especially bad I spray them with something additional, usually Greased Lightning or Shout. There is rarely any stains that don't come out that way. I've never used Colorox 2, is it something you add in addition to detergent?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a liquid you add in with the detergent. I really like it. I rarely need to use the oxiclean. I don't think it works better, the Clorox 2 covers almost all my stains and I use it in every load. But if something is really bad I will use both to ensure it comes out. I used to use Greased Lightening. I'd forgotten how well I liked it for stains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got some Tide Stain Release. Can't wait to give it a try next week!!

    ReplyDelete