Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm IN!

OK, I am not sure why I have had a hard time with the blog, but I am dedicated this week (and I plan to call everyone else and make sure they are in too) I have been doing OK on my housework lately. Getting more organized and trying to feel more comfortable in my own house. Maybe if I work out my struggles I will be able to get over them. I am working on the most basics of skills like cleaning up meals right after the meal, or picking up my towel everyday, or cleaning up projects right after I do them. I have started some new goals to work on these things.

1. Start dinner earlier. If I wait and do dinner between 6:30 and 7:00 there is just not enough time to do the dishes before bedtime for the kids, but if I do dinner between 5:00 and 5:30, there is plenty of time.

2. Start bedtime earlier. If I wait until 8:30 to start bed time then I am rushed and exhausted trying to get the kids in bed before 9:00. If I start bedtime at 7:30 then they have time to straighten up their rooms and the upstairs, and I can usually work in a book or two to the little ones before it gets too late.

3. Make my bed as soon as I get out of it. This tends to keep my bedroom a TON cleaner. Not sure what the difference is but it seems to make one.

4. Get up earlier. For anyone who knows me well, knows this is a tough one. I was doing really good, then I got sick (of course) But I am feeling better and hope to start working on this one again. I find it helpful to have breakfast ready before the kids wake up.

So those are the things I am going to work on this week. I hope they make it a successful week. Thanks for listening, or just skimming, either one.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is really true. I've been waking up several times a week to go on a run before Ken goes to work and we seriously have the best days those days.
    Another thing that I try to do (I'm not very good) is when possible, make most of my dinner early in the day. For instance, if we are having Shepard's Pie or a casserole I'll make it while Tyler is sleeping and then all I have to do is put it in the oven right before dinner. It keeps my kitchen cleaner too.
    And lastly, holy cow! 9:00! If my kids aren't asleep by 7:30 then I'm going crazy. Is that what I have to deal with when my kids get older??? Can't they always go to bed at 7:30??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like great ideas. You and I can be wake up buddies (as soon as I get out there!)

    ReplyDelete